Alcuris appointed as supplier to Spark DPS (UK)

Alcuris, an assistive technology company based in Loughborough (Leicestershire) announced this week that they have been appointed to the Spark Dynamic Procurement System (DPS) (scroll down page) provided by Crown Commercial Services (CCS).

A DPS permits buyers to access framework agreements that meet common purchasing requirements across the UK government. The Spark DPS is for emerging, innovative technologies and

  • Allows customers access to proven new technology innovations which are useful for solving public sector problems
  • Quality and price can be assessed based on individual customer’s requirement
  • A dynamic filtering system, giving customers flexibility based on requirements
  • Fully compliant with UK and EU regulations.

Suppliers on Spark must demonstrate that they can provide at least one new or innovative technology for one or both of ‘Radical’ and ‘Disruptive’ Innovation. Alcuris submitted its Next Generation Telecare Memo service under the Disruptive Innovation category. The Memo Hub service was entered into TechForce 19 as an Activities of Daily Living (ADL) monitoring system with results here [TTA 6 August]. For more information on the Spark Innovation Marketplace and how it works for buyers, there is a webinar on 18 November (information and registration here). Alcuris press release. Hat tip to Adrian Scaife of Alcuris

TechForce 19 follow up: Alcuris’ results on testing Memo Hub (UK)

Often this Editor has been frustrated with lack of interesting follow up to these government initiatives to share with our Readers. Fortunately, Adrian Scaife of Alcuris, has stayed in touch, first on the experience of being a participant, and this week to provide their findings on their tested solution. From the release and the attached white paper, their results in testing the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Memo service were as follows:

• Positive reassurance for families with the majority creating daily reassurance alerts and 40% creating alerts for events that worry them.
• 80% positive feedback from Memo Hub® users, with the remaining 20% neutral.
• An increase in early preventative interventions by families driven by new insight.
• 40% of care plans provided by Social Care amended due to the insight provided by the Memo service. Care plan size both increased and decreased, the common factor being a better-quality plan with a closer fit to user needs.

The study did not test other features in the Memo Hub suite, such as smart automated alerts, the alarm call safety net, and carer logging.

Alcuris’ press release and Executive Summary are available here. For a full report, email

We invite other finalists to send us follow up on their Tech Force 19 studies and experience.