“The services are intended to give a degree of comfort to those who may be concerned about their friends or children,” says Mark Gleeson, general manager of Top Security, which has launched the services that are intended to improve people’s safety. They use a combination of mobile, landline and web technology, allowing friends or colleagues to be alerted in the event that a person doesn’t arrive home when expected, or if they find themselves in a difficult situation. Story from SiliconRepublic.
Just released ‘must see’ video on aspects of telecare by eGovTV. It covers:
• Expert Panel – Telecare Opportunities: 7 min
• Case Study- Notts Care Services – Award Winning Telecare: 6 min
• Case Study- Cheshire County Mainstreams Telecare: 8 min
• Case Study- Safety Confirmation – A New Approach to Telecare: 5 min
• Policy Drivers and Initiatives: 3 min
• Clarifying the Terminology: 4 min
• Service and Technology Options: 4 min
• Procurement through PASA: 3 min
• PTG Preventative Technology Grant: 2 min
• Key Challenges: 7 min
• Local Authority Progress to Date: 7 min
• The Future for Telecare: 6 min
More, and viewing link, on the videos page.