Vote daily online for your favored technologies up to 31 July. Aging 2.o, the international organization that seeks to accelerate innovation around the biggest challenges and opportunities in aging, plus the Louisville Healthcare CEO Council (LHCC), are sponsoring the Global Innovation Search.
Aging 2.0 chapters selected the companies (left) on the basis that they help keep older adults connected to their communities, families, healthcare providers, and provide vital information. In addition:
- The innovation should address social isolation and loneliness in older adults
- Innovators must have a commercial-ready or commercially available product/service
- The company’s Founder or C-level executive (or equivalent) must be the person to present if selected to advance to the Virtual Pitch Competition
- The top ten innovators that are selected to pitch at the Virtual Pitch Competition will be required to present in English
- The Global Innovation Search is not only open to startups. Established companies and non-profits are welcome to apply if they have recently (within the last 3 years) launched an innovative solution to improve the lives of older adults
Vote on this page. One vote per day up to 31 July is permitted. Based on the vote, the ten finalists will receive sponsorship, mentorship, and the opportunity to virtually pitch at an event in August (date TBD).
Some familiar US names in this group are a very old friend from this Editor’s QuietCare days, GrandCare, and UnaliWear [TTA features here]. Many are from the US, but a sample of international semifinalists are:
- Canada–AltumView, Sirona.tv, Famli.net, Anna, Tamaduni Connect, Tochtech Technologies, Virtual Coffee House 55+
- Sweden–Camanio Care
- Brazil–Eu Vô, Cerebrar – Cérebro Ativo
- UK–Joy, Buddy Hub, eargym Ltd (interesting to this Editor as it addresses age-related hearing loss and cognition through auditory training)
- Australia–Feros Care
Hat tip to Jean Anne Booth, CEO of UnaliWear, via LinkedIn.