Connected Health Conference
25-27 October, Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston
The eighth annual Connected Health Conference, presented by the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHAlliance) in partnership with Partners Connected Health, is coming up in just a few days.
Wednesday is packed with special sessions that cover the state of the market in wearables, artificial intelligence (AI), voice-activated technologies, the smart home (hosted by Parks Associates) and the innovation economy.
- The Life Sciences and MedTech Roundtable will explore the emerging category of digital therapeutics, the evolution of traditional pharma and med tech business models and the impact on relationships with patients, providers and other stakeholders in healthcare.
- Europe Meets North America will exchange views and strategies on issues like interoperability and the free flow of data across borders in an all-day workshop hosted by the ECHAlliance. (For more on the PCHAlliance’s EU efforts to ensure consistent regulations governing digital health with the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), see this release.)
Recent additions to the main conference on Thursday and Friday:
- A new fifth track focusing on health system innovation projects, outcomes and processes with the leading partnerships that are disrupting and redesigning healthcare delivery, including Healthbox and Intermountain Healthcare, Brigham Digital Innovation Hub, Johns Hopkins Medicine Technology Innovation Center and MITRE sharing their work with Dana-Farber.
- The new Innovation Lounge will showcase provider, industry and institutional innovation centers and novel collaborations. The Innovation Lounge stage will present groundbreaking initiatives from Intel, IBM, MDRevolution and Becton Dickinson, HHS Idea Lab, data from the IPSOS Digital Doctor Survey, and results of a recent connected health survey. Dr. Joseph Kvedar will share a preview of his new book, The New Mobile Age, How Technology Will Extend the Healthspan and Optimize the Lifespan.
- A new poster session, in collaboration with the Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR), will feature over 50 presentations that share methodologies and findings from connected health-related research.
- Innovation competitions include: The 7th Annual HealthTech Standout! Competition, which includes 10 early stage companies in two live pitch sessions presenting rapid-fire demos — from VR to an app to support end-of-life decisions, a mobile vision center and home exam and diagnosis solutions. (Thursday and Friday)
- A team from McLean Hospital, the largest psychiatric teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School and winner of the PartnersConnected Health Innovation Challenge (CHIC), will share their ideas to bridge the gap in access to group therapy treatment for individuals with both mood and substance abuse disorders.
- The still-to-be-announced winner of the Alexa Diabetes Challenge will discuss how Echo is being used in aging, rehabilitation of veterans, patient engagement, and diabetes.
- 120 companies, including 40+ startups on the exhibit floor, the new AI Pavilion will highlight case studies in real-world AI applications, and the Startup Showcase will be a hub for cutting-edge companies.
For the main website and for registration, click on the ad in the sidebar. TTA Readers save $100 on registration–use code CHC17TELE100. TTA is a media sponsor of CHC17. For updates, see on Twitter #Connect2Health and @PCHAlliance