Not telehealth directly but of concern to those in the field because of the links to people with long term conditions…
While the UK media is leaping on the current ‘bash the Liverpool Care Pathway’ bandwaggon, the end of life care experts at King’s College’s Cicely Saunders Institute have taken a more balanced view. In an insightful 30 minute podcast members of their team discuss questions such as:
- What is the problem the LCP review tried to address?
- What are the known research facts?
- What can people do in advance of when they are no longer able to make decisions?
- What are the implications for professional training?
- What are the funding and practical inequities in the current health system?
- What is the cost of care to families?