8-9 April 2013, London
Or, it give it it’s full title, How to get off the Roundabout: Making a success of an ageing population! It is organised by The European Knowledge Tree Group (EKTG) which is an ad-hoc high-level group drawn from the technology, finance, service, policy and innovation sectors. With the support of senior European officials it has met periodically since the 2010 Ambient Assisted Living Forum in Odense and brings together experts through a series of conferences, masterclasses and meetings – latterly at AAL 2012 in Eindhoven. And now the masterclass is coming to London with an unusually high number of high-profile speakers. There are exhibition opportunities for suppliers. Details here.
Glasgow, Thursday 7 March 2013
Another Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) event, which will cover “examples of point-of-care testing being used successfully in a wide range of circumstances to make step changes in care delivery that deliver improved patient outcomes, in many cases also at lower cost.” Early bird pricing finishes 7 February. Details here.
London, 28 February 2013
The Royal Society of Medicine’s (RSM) tele- events are always well received by attendees. The next:
- Will give a good grounding in all aspects of teletechnologies in the health and social care world, including how they can be used in combination
- Has excellent speakers who are all experts in their fields
- Is not sponsored and so does not have a commercial agenda to follow: we will tell it how it is
- Is offered at an extremely low price as the RSM is the UK’s largest health educational charity
January 27-28 2013, Jumeirah Beach Hotel Conference Center
One of a series of global health innovation conferences delivering live demos of the latest health technologies and apps for health care consumers, caregivers, patients, health professionals and biomedical researchers. This is a first of its kind for Dubai and a step towards setting up a regional ‘platform’ for health innovation. Website for more info.
Hmm.. It could be a good conference – but Dubai??
The dark side of Dubai The Independent, 2009, and it has not improved since…
Three Britons tortured in Dubai police custody The Guardian 2013
Over 160 delegates attended Scotland’s P4 Digital Conference last month (20 and 21 November 2012). Topics concerning digital healthcare branding, consumer psychology, sports physiology and design were covered. Thanks to the Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the conference sponsors, LifeScan Scotland Ltd, Health Science Scotland, Healthcare Group CSC, NHS 24, Scottish Lifesciences Association and Video3 Technologies for making 5 recordings of the sessions available to the public here: P4 Digital Conference 2012.
March and June 2013, York and Newcastle UK
- Preventing the need for long term care and re-hospitalisation using re-ablement strategies, University of York, Thursday 7th February 2013
- Assistive technology and telecare for learning disability services, University of York, Thursday 14th March 2013
- Technology and innovation for managing people with dementia, Newcastle University, Wednesday 19th June 2013
- Prevention of falls and loss of independence in the frail elderly – including technology, Newcastle University, Thursday 20th June 2013
Details on website: http://www.cuhtec.org.uk/
London, Tuesday 26th Feb 2013
Will provide delegates with insights on how technology can transform the NHS, their organisation and lead to better patient outcomes. Delegates will learn about the role of technology in the changing NHS landscape. There are some ‘limited discounted rates’ of £275+VAT per public sector delegate and £445+VAT per private sector if you contact organiser Paul Tyreman directly, by email or phone: + 44 (0) 161 200 8625 . Website for details.
25-26 April 2013, Berlin
‘Boutique’ conference providing high level attendees with an interactive format and plenty of networking opportunities. Speakers include Halle Tecco of RockHealth and many others here. Website and registration information.